Monday, January 18, 2016

2015 :: Year In Review

My 2015 started out in a crowded damp basement. The walls shaking from the sheer volume of the amped up thrash garage band playing to the last second of 2014. I came armed with a bottle of red wine and my canon camera, which I would soon regret bringing for the rest of the year. That night set the tone for what would unravel through out the next. Red wine straight from the bottle and the chirp of a camera clicking.
I used 2015 as an opportunity to explore different methods of creative photography. This time last year I felt very artistically frustrated. I guess you could call it photographer's block. I was uninspired, and therefor unhappy with everything I created. Lucky for me, I'm constantly surrounded by talented and fearless artists and artisans who show me the world through new perspectives.
2015 was pretty alright. I experienced a lot and did a lot. I had highs and I made mistakes but all of it has formed me into the person currently typing these words. I don't have a new year's resolution. I don't believe in them. My goal is to keep going forward, creating more, picking up momentum, nose to the grind, life is whatever I choose for it to be. So I choose to make something good of it. It's almost to late to say, but I'm saying it anyway, Happy New Year's.
Hope you all enjoy some of my favorite images I created last year. I loved every second I was behind the camera. And 2016 is already looking up. What ever happens it'll be good.

xx







































































































No comments:

Post a Comment